[CLUE-Tech] Linux compatible camcorder

grant grant at amadensor.com
Tue Sep 24 15:34:11 MDT 2002

I do this.  I use dvgrab.  Once you have the kernel modules loaded, it is
very easy.  Start dvgrab, telling it a file name, then press play on the
camcorder.  As far as one being controlable by the PC for this, I don't
have any idea.  dvgrab seems to not say anything about the model or brand
of camcorder.  I have both Linux and Windows on the machine I use for DV
capture.  Under Windows, I get the BSOD as soon as I plug the camera into
the firewire.  Under Linux, the capture works flawlessly.  In fact, DV
capture is the once reason that the machine is dual boot.

I have a Sony TRV18, but it shouldn't matter.  I don't remember the
modules off the top of my head, and the machine with that info on it is at
home and turned off.  All of my other machines are Linux only, but the
Multimedia machine has Windows because I have not found any sound tool as
good as Cool Edit for Linux.

                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);