[CLUE-Tech] October talk.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Sep 24 16:48:15 MDT 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:02:23 -0600
"Stephen Lehr" <slehr at hypermall.net> wrote:

> Here's a mostly whining post to this list:  I read this message and then
> had to scout around on the clue web site for more info about this
> meeting, which I take to be somewhat located at
> http://clue.denver.co.us/presentations.html.  Trouble is, this page just
> says the meeting will be in October.  As a newbie to this group, I then
> have to search further for date, time, and place, which I sorta found at
> http://clue.denver.co.us/meetingInfo.html.

I do see your point about announcements to the list without direct URLs.
Although, Dave's post was more of a solicitation for input of the topic,
rather than an announcement (which go to CLUE-Announce, anyway).

I am curious though, about how you got to those other pages, without
looking at the home page, where that information is:
http://clue.denver.co.us/ -- because that implies that there is some other
route to those pages, which might have a need for some sprucing up.

> Might be worthwhile to put some links in meeting announcement posts.
> Even better, just specify in the meeting announcement actual date, time,
> place, AND a link, so that challenged people such as myself can find our
> way to meetings.

The meeting announcements do just that. We aims to please. ;-)

> ***I attended the Linux & Education presentation in Sep and liked it***
>
> A few weeks ago I posted a query about the Linux Fun-da-mentals meetings
> (when/where) and had a heck of a time getting that simple information

There's been some talk about getting an event calendar on the website. I
guess since I'm currently fiddling around with various little PHP projects
anyway, I could stick my hand in the air.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5