[CLUE-Tech] October talk.

Jeffery Cann president at clue.denver.co.us
Tue Sep 24 18:55:32 MDT 2002

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 06:05 pm, Stephen Lehr wrote:
> [...]

Hi,

Actually, we rarely have complaints about the web site.  The problem you are
experiencing is one of timing.  Typically, the next meeting information is
posted to the CLUE home page about 1-2 weeks before the next meeting.  My
advice is to wait another week or (usually by the end of the month) and then
revisit the CLUE home page.  It will cover the next meeting topics.

Once you have visited the meeting and know how to get there, the meeting
information page is not too important and this is why the information is not
posted on the home page.

> I thought when I visited "meeting info" I'd probably see a rundown on the
> various meetings in the next month or so.

This is a good suggestion.  We will place a link on this page to the
presentations page.  The presentations page contains upcoming and past topic
abstracts.

> Then there are yet more pages for "installfest" & "fun-da-mentals" &
> "certification" meetings.  It's just a lot of work to find out what
> activities are offered.

I agree and that's why we suggest that if you are interested, please subscribe
to the CLUE Announce email list.  You'll receive meeting, installfest, and
other announcements periodically.

> Sure would be nice to have a unified calendar.

We are working on a LUG calendar.   Hopefully it will be completed soon.  If
you would like to volunteer to help, please let me know.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Jeffery Cann
CLUE President