[CLUE-Tech] Linux compatible camcorder

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Wed Sep 25 08:00:59 MDT 2002

grant <grant at amadensor.com> writes:

> I do this.  I use dvgrab.  Once you have the kernel modules loaded, it is

Cool.  Found it, ran apt-get, it's good to go (after I get a camera
that is).  Thanks for the pointer in the correct direction.

> I have a Sony TRV18, but it shouldn't matter.  I don't remember the

I was actually looking at this very camera (and some of its close
relatives!)  Nice camera.  Is there a way to get the digital pictures
off the memory stick, or do I need a memory stick reader?

> good as Cool Edit for Linux.

I have not even really considered that much of the process yet.  I do
not require much in the way of editing capability.  All I really want
is the ability to package the movie into a reasonably small file
(mpeg).  Some of the models seem to be able to create mpeg "on the
fly".  Have you had any experience with this?

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Queen - Classic Queen - (1) - A Kind Of Magic

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al