[CLUE-Tech] October talk.

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed Sep 25 20:41:53 MDT 2002

David,

Might I make a suggestion?  When I was talking with some security
experts regarding networking and computers, I asked them one simple
question: If I, as a "simple" Linux user, could do three or four things
that would keep me mostly out of hot water, what would they be?  Of
course they stated: keep almost up to date with patches and turn off
unnecessary services.

So, if you could come from that angle it might help those that have bad
habits become better and those with good habits to know they're doing
good.  Finally, it would provide a basis for getting good Linux habits
started in new people to Linux, much like Lynn told me the very first
time I met him that I didn't need to do a CNT-ALT-DELETE anytime Linux
had a "problem."  Was that really 4 years ago Lynn next month? :-)  My,
how Linux time flies.

Kevin