[CLUE-Tech] October talk.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Sep 25 18:25:42 MDT 2002

Keith,

Thanks for the input.  I'll keep it in mind as an example of what
experienced people are interested in.

Keith Hellman wrote:
[...]
> I'm surprised that I didn't see any questions about services, how to
> configure them, and TCP vs UDP explanations.  This, and the basics of
> network programming or killer network utils (nmap, netcat, traceroute,
> satan, ssh) could easily be a third talk.  I'm not hinting, just thinking
> aloud :^)

I will cover TCP vs UDP.  I will also try to talk about netcat and
traceroute, and tcpdump/ethereal because those are useful tools
(especially when dealing with services that are poorly documented).  Not
sure how much will make the first talk.

Other things, nmap, satan, so on, seems to be network security.  I'm up
for talking on that (though Kevin Fenzi and others are probably more
qualified).  Maybe I could do that in Feb with an installfest on network
security in conjunction.