[CLUE-Tech] Good 3D card for Linux [was: Tired video card?]

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Sep 26 07:25:37 MDT 2002

David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> writes:

> Well, at least pull the card and put it back in--make sure it's seated

Yelp.  Been there :-)

> and such.  You might also try another card and/or monitor (which you

I am thinking about going the new card route (good excuse to get a
card with good 3d support).

So, to fork this thread, anyone out there know of a well supported 3D
card?  How is the matrox g450?  Any other suggestions?  I have been
meaning to play with tuxracer, er, I mean 3D development work.

> can borrow if you don't have) to see if you can narrow down the
> problem. Installfest is coming if you can wait that long.

Na.  I just snag a card from work here for the test.

-Dale

--
Now playing:
Bad Company -  - () - Seagull

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al