[CLUE-Tech] Any one using Vaio with DSC-P50?

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Sep 28 10:31:29 MDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 15:11, Hoseong Ryu [CONTRACTOR] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to connect my Sony digital camera with my sony labtop using
> USB mass stroage configuration.
> I got new kernel 2.4.19 compiled with scsi and usb options but I think I didn't
> do something right. When I compile the kernel with scsi and usb as modules, the
> kernel boots fine. The other way, if I put them into kernel, kernel hangs with
> invalid input parameter... I guess I didn't configure right?
> Anyone has any exprience with usb mass storage thing?
>
> Thank you,

Hi Hoseong,

I have no experience with usb mass storage but I do have plenty of
experience with the usb PTP camera spec.  I understand that many new
Sony cameras are PTP.  Is yours?  If so, it will probably work with
gphoto2 and I'll be happy to (try to!) help you with it.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311