[CLUE-Tech] Host Name ?

Jef Barnhart jef at batky-howell.com
Tue Apr 1 09:27:27 MST 2003

If it is an install of Mandrake 9.1 and not Knoppix Linux on cdrom. You
want to change the following file:
/etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
GATEWAY=172.17.0.18

And change HOSTNAME=to.what.you.want

Also make sure that /etc/hosts has the correct IP listed for the name
that you choose. Otherwise thing start to stop.

Jef