[CLUE-Tech] the ongoing search for an exchange replacement

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Apr 1 11:11:08 MST 2003

I would like to get some opinions on your favorite mail/calendar servers
available for linux.  I know a church that I've offered to do some
network/server work for since they can't afford to actually hire
somebody to come in, and it probably goes without saying that they won't
want to shell out cash for Windows 2000 server and Exchange 2000 as
well.  Everybody in their church office uses Outlook, and wants access
to the standard calendar stuff that exchange offers.  I've heard about
various Ximian projects, like Evolution.  But, from what I understand,
evolution is simply the client that allows access for a linux box to
connect to an exchange server. I'm wanting to do the reverse of this,
have the linux box be the server and host the mail/calendar.  Does
anyone know of a good server project that I could try?
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com