[CLUE-Tech] Advanced Programming Text

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Apr 7 11:56:32 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:40, Todd A. Gibson wrote:
> I'll be teaching a class on Advanced UNIX/Linux Programming this
> summer.  I was planning on using W. Richard Stevens' "Advanced
> Programming in the UNIX Environment" because it's a text that
> I'm familiar with and Stevens' style is too my liking.
>
> That said, I do plan on focusing on Linux rather than UNIX and am
> wondering if there would be a more appropriate text.  Does anyone have
> any recommendations on a text with the same breadth and quality of
> coverage as Stevens' but that is more Linux-centric?

Stick with Stevens for general subject matter.  Use "Linux Device
Drivers" for some internal specifics.

If you're only doing application level development work (and not
worrying about kernel level programming) then you only need Stevens'
text.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.