[CLUE-Tech] Poor man's Ghost?

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Wed Apr 23 15:24:56 MDT 2003

Matt,
You should check out www.partimage.org
I haven't used it extensively since we had some copies of Ghost that I
could use, but I think that it'll do the job for you. You run partimage
as a server on one machine then boot from a floppy or CD on your laptop
and run partimage from that pointing it at your server and choosing your
desired level of compression. It makes an image and stores it on your
server then when you have the new HD installed you just boot from the
floppy again and tell it to find the image you have stored on your server.

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS
Pager: 303-461-6543 or Text messages: murph_pager at bigfoot.com