[CLUE-Tech] more ssh issues

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Fri Apr 25 23:15:50 MDT 2003

Well, I'm working with SSH again on the same Red Hat box I had issues with
before. I've already reinstalled SSH twice, and it works for a few days,
but eventually it does some odd things.  Such as:

[staver at fimble staver]$ ssh timmy.somewhere.com
staver's password:

Received signal 11. (no core)
[staver at fimble staver]$ ssh timmy.somewhere.com
staver's password:

Received signal 11. (no core)
[staver at fimble staver]$ ssh kenny.somewhere.com
staver's password:

Received signal 11. (no core)

So, I'm giving up on SSH, and everything else with this box because I'm
beginning to fear that I have some very bad hardware. Sig 11's generally
tell me I have some issues with hardware, but that's too bad because this
is some very expensive gear I'm having issues with :(  I just wanted to
see if ya'll would agree with me that the sig 11 is pointing at
hardware... although I can't help but wonder if it's a kernel ext3 issue
because I seem to be losing data on a drive from time to time.  I'm
running this on a Dual AMD Tyan Thunder K7 motherboard, and from what I
understand, the linux kernel still has some issues with that AMD chipset.
I have tried multiple drives in this machine by the way, and it doesn't
help.

--
				-Mike Staver
				 staver at fimble.com