[CLUE-Tech] more ssh issues

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 11:10:02 MDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 11:15:50PM -0600, Mike Staver wrote:
> see if ya'll would agree with me that the sig 11 is pointing at
> hardware... although I can't help but wonder if it's a kernel ext3 issue

11 is SIGSEGV, which is caused by an application accessing memory it
doesn't have rights to.  Does all your memory POST out correctly?
Perhaps swapping in different, or running with some of the memory cards
out may shine light on the problem.  You can also use ulimit to actually
generate the ssh core dump, which should raise some light on the issue
(if it is accessing memory just allocated, then it is probably a
hardware issue, unfortunately).

By chance are you running with >4GIG ram without it enabled in the
kernel (I believe its called the HIMEM option, could be wrong)?

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
kehellman at yahoo.com               from disclaimer import standard

"We are born wet, naked, and hungry. Then things get worse."

--Unknown