[CLUE-Tech] New motherboard

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Mon Aug 4 12:56:55 MDT 2003

All in all, with a CPU, you'll want something that is stable, fast, and
won't break.  For those reasons, you can pick just about any Intel or AMD
CPU.  Those are the mainstream ones. Intel's CPU differs from AMD's, but
they both run fine.  I'm not a CPU psycho, waving the AMD or Intel banner.
AMDs are cheaper, and run very well without flaws.  I've got two athlon xp
systems at home running like champs. I've got AMD systems here at work
running like champs, too.

With motherboards, you'll want to be *very careful*.  Some motherboard
manufacturers suck while others do not.  I've had nothing but great
experiences with ASUS.  They cost more, but then, you should NOT skimp on
the mobo.  Gigabyte is OK, but I've had two very finicky boards from them
now.  I have an MSI that I adore. Runs excellent with my setup. Abit is
good, too.

Just make sure you get a power supply that will exceed your power needs.

adamb at glaven.org
[ www.glaven.org ]