[CLUE-Tech] New motherboard

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Aug 4 21:38:45 MDT 2003

Adam Bultman wrote:
[...]
> With motherboards, you'll want to be *very careful*.  Some motherboard
> manufacturers suck while others do not.  I've had nothing but great
> experiences with ASUS.
[...]

I have an ASUS and I can't really complain.  But I did have the
southbridge fan go early (replaced under warranty, no hassle).  Also
seems to run hot, perhaps for reasons similar to these:

http://unixmafia.port5.com/news/00211001.html

So I wouldn't recommend ASUS unequivocally.  And I found this board
through Tom's Hardware which didn't seem to test for anything but speed.

There may be a Linux hardware site out there, or a guru who will at
least recommend what he likes (ESR did that once, and maybe DJB).