[CLUE-Tech] Question on mounting a new scsi drive

Ken Kissinger kssngrk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 9 20:42:36 MDT 2003

I am new to Red Hat Linux and having a little trouble from a lack of
understanding.

I installed Red Hat on an IDE 12 gig drive with no problems.

I am trying to add a second hard drive that is a 2 gig SCSI.

I installed the hardware, used fdisk to create a single partition:
/dev/sda1

I used:  mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sda1  to make the file system without errors.

Then I have trouble trying to mount the drive, mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1
/abc
returns the message mount: mount point /abc does not exist.

How can I create a mount point, a directory, on a new drive when I can't
mount the drive to create a directory ?

I am sure there is something simple that I am missing but I don't see it
as yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.