[CLUE-Tech] Question on mounting a new scsi drive

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Sat Aug 9 21:06:40 MDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 20:42, Ken Kissinger wrote:

*snip*

> How can I create a mount point, a directory, on a new drive when I can't
> mount the drive to create a directory ?
>
> I am sure there is something simple that I am missing but I don't see it
> as yet.

If you want to mount /dev/sda1 as /abc, /abc must exist before you can
do so. Use mkdir to create the directory, then mount it.

You can have a directory that's essentially "empty" like /mnt/cdrom that
is used to mount removable media. The same applies to new partitions...
the directory has to exist before you can attach media to it.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net