[CLUE-Tech] Marginally OT: VPN client

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Aug 10 10:58:35 MDT 2003

Hiya. This isn't specific to Linux, but here goes:

Has anyone set up a Cisco 678 to allow VPN through? As of now, I'm trying to
get the W2K Cisco client to work.

I googled up a discussion that suggested this:

set nat entry add <myinternalip> 1723 <myexternalip> 1723 TCP
set nat entry add <myinternalip> 0 <myexternalip> 0 47

I did this, did a write, and tried my client again. I still get an error
message saying the "remote peer is no longer responding."

Then I remember that I might have to tweak some settings in the Linksys
Wireless Access Point Router that I have between my box and the Cisco 678. I
fire up the browser, and find that IPSec is already set to be passed
through. I don't have to do anything else, do I?

Here's my setup in a nutshell:

Internet---->[ Cisco 678 ] ----> [ Linksys WAP ]  ----> [ W2K box ]

Also, has anyone used a Linux or FreeBSD client? I did some quick googling
on the FreeBSD client, and what I saw didn't look too encouraging.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
The end of the world will occur at three p.m., this Friday, with symposium to
follow.