[CLUE-Tech] Nessus

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Fri Aug 15 13:36:21 MDT 2003

Anyone linux users out there using Nessus on a regular basis?

The 1.2.x series was terrible at hanging and leaving zombies. The 2.0
version seems better, but I just now ran into a situation where it spawned
off over 100 nessusd's, a couple of which were zombied, and my load went
up to 70 something.

This seems way out of ordinary. Nessus was set to scan only 6 hosts at a
time on a /24 bitmast network.

So my question is this: Anyone else seeing this issue?

Also, what do you think about FreeBSD? I realize this is a Linux site, but
if anyone has some easy compare/contrast statements about FreeBSD and
Linux, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks