[CLUE-Tech] Data models, diagrams, process models documentation

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sat Aug 16 09:48:37 MDT 2003

On 08-15 21:10, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone know of good documentation template sources of data models,
> diagrams, and process models?  I'm curious to see what others are doing
> to see if there are any improvements to be had from what I've seen or
> been working on.

Kevin,

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Are you asking for what others' data
models/class diagrams/etc look like?

Besides way expensive tools like Rational or PowerDesigner (I think
PowerDesigner runs to 10K if you get the full suite, 3K for just the
"DataArchitect" part), I have found ArgoUML (open source) which can do UML.
There is also a plugin for Eclipse called Omondo which can do UML, too.
There is also a more slicked-up commercial product that is based on ArgoUML,
but I can't remember the name right now.

As for the data modeling, if anyone has found something open source/free
that has even 1/10th the capability of PowerDesigner or ERWin or Oracle
Designer, I'd like to hear about it...

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
God save us from a bad neighbor and a beginner on the fiddle.