[CLUE-Tech] SNMP MIB issues

Jeremiah Stanley lists at miah.org
Sun Aug 24 09:21:00 MDT 2003

I am trying to setup MRTG to make some pretty pictures of what is going
on, on my server. I have the three ethernet interfaces (that part was
easy thanks to cfgmaker) and the CPU being monitored. I am having
trouble getting snmpget to return information on my memory used.

[root at larry /root]# snmpget larry public .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.4.3.0
enterprises.ucdavis.memory.memTotalSwap.0 = -1

This is what I get. My question is this: is this the right MIB for
returning RAM information? The -1 doesn't look like how much swap is
actually being used. ;)

And, if anybody has a good working mrtg config that I can grep through
that would be appreciated.

Thx
--
JStanley <miah at miah.org>