[CLUE-Tech] Could it be the Hard Drive?

Michael Riversong mriversong at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 19:57:27 MDT 2003

Just tried installing Red Hat 7.3 on a generic computer with a huge hard
drive & lots of memory.  This started when i tried uninstalling AOL, and
their uninstall program wiped out the Win 98 system registry.  I didn't
care, because as you know i'm not that fond of Win 98 anyway.  I tried
reinstalling Win 98, which didn't take, and then Win NT, which had
strange problems and hung up on an update procedure.  Finally i decided
we might as well make this a Red Hat machine.  In all three installation
tries, i got past the formatting and initial package sorting sections,
and then it did an unexpected exit and a killall.

I'm beginning to think that the hard drive is bad, but would like to
survey comments from folks here, in case someone has seen this before
and it was something else.  Thanks!

Michael Riversong
http://home.earthlink.net/~mriversong
The Pure River Project: featuring free Celtic harp and other gentle MP3s
and radical ideas about music and culture