[CLUE-Tech] Mail server options

Mike Gant mike at gantsfort.com
Fri Aug 29 10:19:52 MDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:03:08AM -0600, Michael Riversong wrote:
> On several occasions recently i have had to call Qwest and check up on
> locations using only addresses.  They have been very friendly and helpful
> -- i love relaying good news like this, because the company is really
> changing.
>
> The number i have for that check is 888-661-0005

Thanks I'll try this on potential future addresses.

> Seems like you should be able to use a cable modem for the network -- i'm
> not sure why not.

It was my impression that I could not have a static IP address with
cable. Is this true? If I never have to reboot this wouldn't be a
problem. (I just did kernel upgrade so reboots aren't completely
unavoidable even with Linux.) If my IP address changes then it seems to
me I have to change my configuration for my domain at register.com.

Mike