[CLUE-Tech] Debian kernel boot failure

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 31 11:40:33 MDT 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:23:55 -0600
dhawkins at cdrgts.com (Dale K. Hawkins) wrote:

[ rest snipped ]

> I also want to play with the 2.6 test series.  But that is going to be
> a big effort to get the nvidia modules working.  *groan*  I took a
> stab at it last night but was not successful and not motivated enough
> to pursue it further at the time.

Since I don't need initrd (no scsi devices, etc., etc.), I don't have a
clue what is causing your problems, but I have been running the
2.6.testn kernels for a month now with nvidia drivers.  You need the
nvidia-kernel and nvida-glx-1.0.4496 level drivers to be compatible with
the 2.5/2.6 kernel series; earlier drivers don't work.

I'm running gentoo which makes these available as 2 separate packages,
but the packages from nvidia combines these in one installable pckage, I
believe.  So, if you get this from nvidia (or a later version, if they
have moved on), you should be good to go.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the