[CLUE-Tech] DVD Writers under Linux

Collins Richey erichey2 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 1 20:25:46 MST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:52:24 -0700 "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier"
<jzb at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> Just curious, is anyone using a DVD-R/RW drive w/Linux, and (if so)
> which models are known good with Linux? I could hit google, but I'm
> curious if anyone nearby is actually using a DVD-R/RW drive with Linux
> successfully.
>
> Any recommendations are appreciated...

The Sony unit I have is good but not cheap.  I haven't actually gotten around to
writing actual DVDs, but it writes CDs (both rewritable and one-shot)
flawlessly.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the