[CLUE-Tech] Installing Bugzilla on RedHat9 ?

Keith Christian keithchristian at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 08:09:53 MST 2003

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to install Bugzilla on a fresh RedHat9 machine (I installed
*everything* from the three CD's to eliminate as many RPM dependencies as
possible.)

After reading the Bugzilla docs, I happened upon a suggestion to save a lot of
time and hassle by installing Bundle::Bugzilla using CPAN.  This went OK until
it tried to install Template 2.10.  Then it started asking for a test
database, etc....

At that point I set up MySQL with the bugs_db, bugs_user, etc. etc.  Template
2.10 still apparently doesn't like the database.

Has anyone successfully installed a recent version of Bugzilla successfully?
If so, do you have any hints?

Thanks!

====Keith