[CLUE-Tech] Installing Bugzilla on RedHat9 ?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Dec 4 09:56:17 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 09:09, Keith Christian wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed a recent version of Bugzilla successfully?
> If so, do you have any hints?

I recently upgraded a bunch of systems to RH9 - a move I'm regretting
somewhat since either GNOME or X is seriously bogging my systems down.
Desktop performance is noticably worse now than with RH7.3, and this is
on multiple systems, from servers to laptops.  But I'm stuck with it for
now.  Maybe when KRUD/Fedora comes out I'll finally switch to KDE. I
like GTK+, but GNOME is getting to act too much like Windows
performance-wise.  Maybe I'll just rip out GNOME and run with Blackbox
or something less obtrusive.  If you don't need session- and OLE-style
crap, GNOME is starting to look like overkill.

Anyway, I used the CPAN modules.  Unfortunately the only tip I can give
you is to make sure you set LANG=C before doing the installation.  This
fixes a bug with UTF8 stuff that prevents a number of Perl modules from
installing correctly.  I think, but can't recall completely, that I had
to force the install even if some tests failed.  It's been over a month
since I did it and I didn't take any notes.  Sorry I can't be more
helpful.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>