[CLUE-Tech] Mounting LEXAR Jumpdrive

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Thu Dec 4 22:07:24 MST 2003

I have been using the Lexar Jumpdrive for several months. Here is my
fstab entry on my desktop:

	/dev/sda1  /mnt/jumpdrive  vfat  noatime  0 0

And on my laptop:

	/dev/sdb1  /mnt/jumpdrive  vfat  noauto,user,rw  0 0

My laptop used to be sda1 with the original RH9 kernel. Since I upgraded
to 2.4.22, I had to change to sdb1.

I should really supply noatime on the laptop. This prevents a write
operation to the flash memory on file access (see Linux Journal,
December 2003, for details of this).

Remember, that these devices are vfat and no ext2/3 formats. That may be
your problem.

Match