[CLUE-Tech] Mounting LEXAR Jumpdrive

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Thu Dec 4 09:17:48 MST 2003

I usually use fuser instead of lsof, not sure which is better, but try
"fuser -mv /mnt/LEXAR"

Also, I have a similar problem with a couple of users that use ZIP
drives. They put in their disk, mount it, copy some files around, then
they can't unmount. In my case I have found that the culprit is always
the fam processs and I think that it is nautilus that is starting that
up. fam holds this lock on the mount long after stopping nautilus
though. I have found that if they logout fam will quit and the drive can
be unmounted. I have also been able to do a lazy unmount(umount -l), but
the drive still won't eject until fam quits.

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS
Email: mrobbert at mines.edu