[CLUE-Tech] Repair or Replace Laptop??

Chris Tubutis ctubutis at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 18:36:31 MST 2003

Can't say I'm an expert on today's battery technology but I'm skeptical
of this guy's claim of the new battery now being bad. Perhaps he was
hoping to sell you another battery, or push you into buying a whole new
machine. Or perhaps he's right, I really don't know.

I'm also skeptical of a micro-crack, though I'm not skeptical about the
problem originating on the motherboard. Have you seen this alleged
crack? How do you know that a refurbished motherboard doesn't suffer
from the same ailment? IMHO the only other thing it could be is the
power supply (which includes more than just a battery).

The general rule I use is, if the cost of repairs meets or exceeds half
the cost of new, then buy new.

ct