[CLUE-Tech] LEXAR Jumpdrive answer

R. Savage 71OEsAV71 at estreet.com
Sun Dec 7 20:53:00 MST 2003

Thanks to Messers Occkers and Robbert, as well as others who responded
to my problem with the LEXAR jumpdrive - and specifically its refusal to
"unmount" (Clue Tech Digest #1265, 1266). The problem was indeed the fam
(file alteration module) process, which I must have invoked as a result
of trying to install a networking routine.

Both the "lsof" and "fuser" routines correctly identified fam as the
process holding the LEXAR.  The System Monitor tool, called from the
System Tools menu allows one to identify the presence of fam and to
delete it. Turns out fam was  giving me trouble with unmounting floppies
as well.

Dick Savage
Franktown