[CLUE-Tech] SuSE network install

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Dec 22 01:29:26 MST 2003

On Sunday, Dec 21, 2003, at 15:26 America/Denver, Collins wrote:

> monitor resolution.  SUSE picked 1000x768 whcih is pretty much
> unreadable on
> my old 15" monitor. Changing to 800x600 was no problem, but a few of
> the KDE

Hey, just in case you're not aware (and if you're aware and just can't
"swing it" money-wise right now, no problem... I've been there too...)
there are a number of used computer stores in the Denver-Metro area
dumping used 17" monitors for around $30.  Used 19" can go as low as
$50.

I noted that my 19" Samsung which is about five years old (yeah, I paid
a fortune for it back then... sigh...) was dying.  I picked up a Sony
19" with a better screen than the Samsung ever was at a store near
Coors Field.  I did carefully select the Trinitron out of a large
number of others, and there were actually two of them there... I
plugged the first one into their video test screensaver pictures
machine and found that it had gone rather dark, but the second one
looked pretty darn near as good as the day it was brand new.

It's happily chugging away on the desktop machine now, and I didn't
spend the $300+ I thought I might end up spending on an LCD... call me
a cheapskate but I can get a lot of monitor for my money right now!
LCD would be nice, but... heck, this thing looks good and it is taking
up less space than the Samsung.
Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com