[CLUE-Tech] KVM Switches

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon Dec 29 14:06:28 MST 2003

Russell Glissmann wrote:

>Does anybody use KVM switches?  I've got a problem that when I switch
>from one machine to another, then back again, my mouse is basically
>useless.  I've found in some instances that restarting the GPM daemon
>restores proper operation, but not always.
>I'm not always using the same machines, and not always Linux, so I don't
>believe that using something like VNC is particularly an option.
>However, I am open to suggestions.

I've had a good experience with the Cybex SwitchView.  The SwitchView can
Nearly a half dozen of these commands are designed to suspend, synchronize
or reset the mouse.  If your KVM supports switching through the keyboard,
then you might try to find a command reference for it.  Occasionally my
mouse
has stopped working for one of my machines, issuing a reset command has
almost always fixed the problem.

Fwiw,

Lynn