[CLUE-Tech] KDE left-handed mouse (USB)

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Mon Dec 29 17:19:44 MST 2003

Greetings.

IBM ThinkPad A20 Laptop.  It has a 9 pin serial mouse port and a USB port.
I'm running kernel 2.4.20 (RHAT 9).

The issue is that although I use the KDE control panel to change my mouse
button mapping from right to left handed, it does not work when I'm using a
USB mouse.

Well, it works within the control panel application, but the desktop and other
applications remain in the right handed configuration.  I have fiddled with
the desktop and panel mouse button actions (i.e., reversed them) and the
behavior does not change.

I have tried two different usb mice.

When I plug-in a 9 pin serial mouse, it works correctly.

Is this a hardware issue or USB issue?    Does anyone know a fix?

Thanks

--
http://isuma.org/