[CLUE-Tech] Reliable writing editors?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sun Feb 2 22:48:32 MST 2003

On Sunday 02 February 2003 09:13 pm, David Anselmi wrote:
> You arent' very specific about your requirements (aren't you some sort
> of high level guy that should know better? ;-)  Not sure I understand
> your complaint about hitting esc.  Maybe you just need some more practice?

Dave,

My biggest problem is code versus text editing.  I tend to hit <ESC> key too
frequently and I think it must be a bad habit.  I tried using VIM without
leaving insert mode and using the mouse to move around and it's much easier
on keystrokes.  Code-editing movement is better (IMHO) without the mouse and
this is why I use VIM for everything related to code.

My other issue with VIM is that I cannot seem to get word wrapping to work.
Here's an example:

	This line will span beyond the edge of my sc
	reen

rather than

	This line will span beyond the edge of my
	screen

If you can suggest a configuration to get rid of this default behavior, I
would appreciate it.  I have fiddled with :set wrap and :set wrapscan, but I
am not getting my desired behavior.

--
    planet earth (tm)
http://jefferycann.com/