[CLUE-Tech] Linux and Wireless

Don Collier df_collier at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 10:41:50 MST 2003

Hello all.  I am looking into getting a Wireless access point for my home network so I can become a little more free with a couple laptops.  My wife's laptop, well soon to be laptop that is, will run windows but my laptop dual boots xp and RH 7.3.  What I am wondering is do any of you have wireless set up with Linux and Windows clients?  Also, is there a brand that is more friendly to Linux than others?  And one more, I saw a new WAP at Microcenter that was 802.11g.  Does anyone know much about this new standard?  It was almost the same price as 802.11b but runs at 50 something kbps.

I am not worried about routers or firewalls or anything like that.  I just want an access point to get to the other resources on my home network.

Thanks a bunch.

Don