[CLUE-Tech] Reliable writing editors?

Match Grun match at dimensional.com
Mon Feb 3 21:57:06 MST 2003

Hey, what's up with the +1 stuff? You know that you can move down with
the j key. Also, the k key moves up. Did you know that the arrow keys
also move the cursor?

I usually use gvim for coding C, HTML and other text files. This is vim
with a gtk gui. BTW the mouse also works for editing text.

For java work I use Eclipse (and sometimes gvim). This has typical CUA
style cursor movements. Over the last year or so I have found that most
of the coders at work seem to prefer vi commands over CUA, and make less
use of IDE's. It is a pity that Eclipse and other IDE's don't have vi
commands. They seem to have emacs key mapplings, that are easier to
code.

Sometimes it gets confusing when IDE's and that other word processor
does not recognize vi commands.

Match