[CLUE-Tech] Reliable writing editors?

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Sat Feb 8 04:14:25 MST 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:48:32PM -0700, Jeffery Cann wrote:

> My other issue with VIM is that I cannot seem to get word wrapping to work.
> Here's an example:
>
> 	This line will span beyond the edge of my sc
> 	reen
>
> rather than
>
> 	This line will span beyond the edge of my
> 	screen
>
> If you can suggest a configuration to get rid of this default behavior, I
> would appreciate it.  I have fiddled with :set wrap and :set wrapscan, but I
> am not getting my desired behavior.

Funny, I don't have that problem. What version of VIM are you using? And
has it always had this issue? Is it possible that somehow you're getting
an unwanted syntax definition loaded when you write these text files (do
they have an extension that might be misidentified as some kind of
code?).

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.