[CLUE-Tech] knoppix pre installfest discussion

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Tue Feb 4 10:36:09 MST 2003

team,

Has anyone else here used knoppix hd_install script to write a
knoppix to their hdd?

I am playing with it here.  At first it spoke deutch, but that was easy
to fix.  Since, I have learned more about debian internals than I ever
thought i needed to know.

Also knoppix automatically does SCSI-emulation on ALL your drives (not
what I want).

My only remaining issue is a drive that has my cd-music collection on
it that refuses to mount.  I think it is in the way klaus compiled the
kernel w/ ATA32 support and the fact that this is an old ext2 drive run
under CHS.  I am working on this, and happy that I get direct feedback
from klaus.

Is this something for the installfest?  I hope to have it solved by
then.  Otherwise, this is the best KDE install I have seen (once you
make it speak english).

aloha,
dave
(written {without pain} with vim)
(but then again, I learned CP/M's line editor as a child)