[CLUE-Tech] Linux and Wireless

Paul Bille Paul at eBille.cudenver.edu
Tue Feb 4 10:52:20 MST 2003

> "my (much older) linksys card doesn't reach"
> "Any hints on what's necessary to relocate one or both antennas. . .?"

I'm surprised.  Wouldn't you suspect a problem with the (much older)
linksys?

With all the copper plumbing and electrical wiring in the walls, I
wouldn't expect signal problems anywhere in the house unless the
location in the basement is shielded or has a lot of RF noise.  Is the
antenna hidden behind a CPU?  Is there any metal shielding, possibly
heating duct work that is isolating the antenna?

Putting the antenna higher in your house will undoubtedly make it easier
to pick up the signal OUTSIDE the house.

I'm assuming you live in a normal house like the rest of us normal
folks.  I could be underestimating the problem if you live in a castle;)

Paul