[CLUE-Tech] Looking for feedback and a friendly network to test bandwidth arbitration tool.

Art Reisman astormchaser2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 07:41:22 MST 2003

Hello Denver Linux Group...

I live in Lafayette, and have developed a Linux open
source tool for my fledgling
neighborhood Wi-Fi network to evenly distribute
bandwidth. The idea was to make something completely
turn key (little or no network experience to use) so
you can plug it in and have it improve response times
for the "normal" user by 25 to 50 percent; thus
alleviating the need to throw bandwidth at the
problem.

I have since started a beta with State of Washington
Public schools and so far so good. I was hoping to
find a local network with T1 grade traffic to put the
finishing touches on this tool.  It is solid
does not crash, but still needs a little set-up help
from me.  I also need a place where can objectively
get some comparison measurements.

You can check out the web site www.apconnections.net
for some general information and source copy of the
code if you would like.

I also can provide some information on how it differs
from similar tools if anyone is interested, and am
always interested in comparing notes with others.

Thanks

Art Reisman
www.apconnections.net