[CLUE-Tech] Linux, Wireless and 802.11_g_ update

Mike Miller mmiller1106 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 05:40:00 MST 2003

I got the basestation working last night (needed a firmware upgrade then
everything was happy.)

using an 802.11b card, I could get signal thru the whole house. What's
interesting is: with an 802.11G card (on windows unfortunately), I got
almost a third better signal. Where the 'b' card was showing poor
connection and good link quality at the far end of the house, the 'g'
card was showing good to excellent...and it screams! 24Mb in 35 seconds
from the fileserver in the basement. ;)