[CLUE-Tech] Boot-time CPU Work-out

Richard J. Mancusi vrman at bourbaki.us
Sun Feb 9 15:07:02 MST 2003

Thank you - you are absolutely correct.  I did some research and found
a section in "Running Linux" called Managing System Logs that spells
it out.  I think what I have done wrong, is install "everything" on
my laptop.  After all, it isn't a server - perhaps that is a
contributing factor.

The CPU usage of 97 to 100% was strickly for logrotate (per gtop).
As for how long did it run.  I killed it (oops) after 1.45h.  I
think between your pointers and that section in "Running Linux"
I can figure it out.

Thanks again
Rich