[CLUE-Tech] PCMCIA and Tedhat 7.3 or 8.0

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Feb 10 09:45:48 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 09:20, Ronald Brink wrote:
> I have tried that by having a card in when I installed/and normal boot -
> still hangs.

Hi Ronald,

If you bring your laptop to one of the Hacking Society meetings in
Golden on a Wednesday night:

  http://hackingsociety.org/chapters/golden/

then I'll be happy to make a stab at diagnosing/fixing the problem.  We
routinely use wireless (802.11b) connectivity at the HS meetings and
there will be at least one spare wireless card that we can use for
testing purposes.

In the mean time, you could try starting pcmcia services (become root
and then use "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start") and then send us any pcmcia-
related output that is subsequently generated in /var/log/messages.
Thats where I'd start looking to debug the problem.  Other places to
look are Google where you could do searches with the keywords "linux
pcmcia problem" and the name of your pcmcia chipset (which you can get
from "lspci" or "cat /proc/pci").

hth,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/hill.htm
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483