[CLUE-Tech] Revolution OS - "I'm your worst nightmare"

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Thu Feb 13 15:40:54 MST 2003

Mike Staver wrote:
> Is it copyrighted, or what not? If not, I could make copies with a
> DVD-R... if it fits on a single disc that is.

I'm sure it's copyrighted.  I've corresponded with the producer,
J.T.S. Moore, and he's planning to release the 2-disc special
edition DVD sometime in the first quarter of 2003.  He promised
that he'd let me know when it came out so that I could buy a
copy, but I'm trying to keep an eye out for it just in case.

You may still be able to get a free copy of the original movie
on DVD from HP.  I know of at least one person who's received
a copy after filling out a form on their web site and fielding
a couple of marketing calls.  But this version won't have all
of the extra footage that's supposed to be on the new edition.

I believe that J.T.S Moore stated that he'd allow Linux user
groups to do free screenings for their members, but I can't
find evidence of that now.  I saw the film when it was at the
2001 Denver International Film Festival and liked it very much.
For me it was a chance to put a face and voice to some of the
biggest names in the Linux/open source community.  I wished
later that I had dragged my girl friend along, because it was
produced with a layman's perspective and yet interesting enough
that I think she would have enjoyed it (or at least not been
bored out of her mind).

I'm looking forward to seeing the documentary again along with
all of the extras on the special edition.  As soon as I hear
that it's available, I'm planning to purchase a copy and post
something to CLUE-Talk about its release.  Hopefully, that'll
be within the next couple of months.

Lynn