[CLUE-Tech] Revolution OS - "I'm your worst nightmare"

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Thu Feb 13 16:19:34 MST 2003

Lynn Danielson wrote:
> Mike Staver wrote:
>>
>> Is it copyrighted, or what not? If not, I could make copies with a
>> DVD-R... if it fits on a single disc that is.
>
> I believe that J.T.S Moore stated that he'd allow Linux user
> groups to do free screenings for their members ...

I was mistaken.  Here's a link to a letter he wrote to SLUG and IEEE
when they scheduled an unauthorized screening of Revolution OS:
<http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/pipermail/sluglug-web/2002-June/000152.html>

Please respect his point of view and don't make copies of this show.
As J.T.S Moore states, "pirating ... simply confirms the negative
opinions of opponents of the Open Source movement by proving that
intellectual property theft is ultimate result of the Open Source
movement."   I don't think any of us want to help prove this point.
If you're unwilling or can't afford to buy his movie when it
becomes available on DVD and VHS, incourage you local library to
get a copy.

While your at it, resist any temptation you may have to pirate
Microsoft (or any commercially licenced) software and encourage
everyone you know to pay their legally required licence fees for
such software.  Tell them that there are some very respectable
alternatives available for free or more reasonable cost.  It will
help to push people towards considering using Linux and open
source alternatives for everything they do with thier computers.

Fwiw -- Lynn