[CLUE-Tech] CD burning

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Feb 16 11:32:59 MST 2003

On 02-14 12:22, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:00:38 -0700
> Dave Price <davep at kinaole.org> wrote:
>
> > Jed,
> >
> > I have no trouble using cdrecord w/ the knoppix iso's.  I do believe
> > that the current version(s) require 700mb platters tho.
>
> Yep. That's true. Otherwise I'd use a CDRW, and just mess around with it.
>
> > I can bring one or two to the 'fest tomorrow if that will help, though I
> > probably won't get there till 10:30 or so.
>
> Thanks, but I doubt I'll be there. I want to try the platter I made on a
> couple more machines before giving up. Or, If I could be sure I was
> getting it right, I'd just burn another.

If my W2K box that I had Nero on hadn't crashed and burned, I'd be able to
help you out. I used to use Nero and Prassi Pro to burn CDs all the time. I
could have sworn one or both had options to load an image as an ISO, and I
don't remember having to play with any settings beyond that.

Dumb question: you didn't download as ascii by any chance, did you?

Has anyone tried out jigdo? All this talk about ISOs made me wonder if
anyone ever found a jigdo file for downloading Knoppix, or anything else
beyond Debian. I'm using it to download Debian. I'm surprised there isn't
more effort on projects like these.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
And now for something completely the same.