[CLUE-Tech] Re: Jigdo [was: CD burning]

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Feb 16 13:52:22 MST 2003

On 02-16 12:07, David Anselmi wrote:
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> [...]
> >
> >Has anyone tried out jigdo? All this talk about ISOs made me wonder if
> >anyone ever found a jigdo file for downloading Knoppix, or anything else
> >beyond Debian. I'm using it to download Debian. I'm surprised there isn't
> >more effort on projects like these.
> >

> I use jigdo regularly.  It is an important tool for the debian mirror
> admins, but for other mirrors or end users isn't so significant (other
> than indirectly by making mirroring easier).  I've offered to do a KISS
> on it, but that hasn't been scheduled yet.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I saw your name mentioned in the jigdo FAQ.
:)

Have you seen similar tools or know of a way to tweak jigdo to hit more than
one server? It'd be nice to find something that will find and use the
fastest connection(s) via trial and error and do simultaneous downloads so
that if you have a fast connection, you can utilize it.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
The cure for anything is salt-water - sweat, tears or the sea.
-Isak Dinesea