[CLUE-Tech] Trifold brochure template.

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon Feb 17 09:14:43 MST 2003

David Anselmi wrote:
> Does anyone know where to get a template for a trifold brochure?  I
> guess that really means 3 columns on front and back of 11x8.5 paper.
>
> I expect to do something like this in LaTeX, but I'm open to other
> suggestions.
>
> My biggest requirement is that once I have a template, I have to be able
> to generate the final brochure automatically.  The content will be
> coming from a database query of some sort.  And the output will be
> printed, so I want to be able to get ps out of it and control the
> typesetting.

Dave,

Check out pdflib.  It's an easy to use pdf creation tool, with
api's for c, c++, java, perl, php and tcl (there may be more
but I know these languages are supported).  You may have to
spend a bit of time figuring out your coordinate system, but
it's easy to put sized text and images on the page where you
want them.  Once you've generated your pdf, you can use gs
(ghostscript) to convert it to postscript.  If you're doing
this on a Linux/Unix box you should be able to set up a pdf
print queue that will do this conversion for you.

Hope this helps,

Lynn